Monday, September 29, 2008

Tag...you're it!

I was tagged by Dallas, http://www.henderson-happenings.blogspot.com/ , so here's 7 random/weird things about myself:

1) When I was in Kindergarten, I got sent out in the hall for spitting on a boy. (But, know this, it was in response to his spitting on me first. I was just the one who got busted.) Moving on, one of the boys who was notorious for getting sent to the principal's office saw me in the hall and told me that if our principal came by and saw me in the hall, that I would get paddled. So, I left. Yep, 5 years old, I took off in the fall weather, without my jacket, BY MYSELF and actually found my way home in our huge neighborhood by the school. However, my mom wasn't there. So, I found my friend's house, and her mom let me in. She called the school. I knew I was in trouble when I kept seeing a cop car drive by. They had sent police to look for me and apparently the whole school was up in arms over the fiasco. Police and chaos. This is what my poor mother drove up to when coming to pick me up from school. They told her I wasn't there. After getting the call from my friend's mother they eventually told her where I was and she came to get me. Needless to say, I was in worlds of trouble. After my mother got finished explaining everything, I said "Should I just quit?" (referring to Kindergarten) and my mom says she remembers that getting a laugh from my Nonna, who was with her at the time. The next day, I had to go apologize to the teacher (who was a substitute, bless her heart.) A Kindergarten legend.

2) I got called on stage, along with 2 of my other friends, at The Judd's concert at Harding University's Benson Auditorium when I was around 13/14 years old. I even got to belt out "Baby, baby, have mercy on me" into the microphone once.

3) I was on The Bozo Show when I was 6 or 7 years old. I was a HUGE tomboy. Now, being on TV, my mom dressed me up all fancy in my dress and tights. During the show, my name was picked to play "Kick the Balloon" game-I don't know if you are familiar with this, but you get X amount of time to, yes, that's right, kick the balloon, into a barrell. Thanks to my short dress and my self conciousness about it, I couldn't really kick very well, so I lost. And, I let my mom know I wasn't happy about it.

4) I first met Jordan when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade at his brother Jacob's birthday party. I came home and told my Mom that Jacob had the cutest baby brother. I spent my time at the party chasing Jordan and trying to hold him. And, he spent his time running away from me.

5) I got to meet and take a picture with Ty Pennington from Trading Spaces, when they were shooting in Louisville, Kentucky, where I lived at the time. The news was there filming, and me and my cousin (Jodie) made the news.

6) I'm happiest when my fridge/pantry is full and orderly after grocery shopping, the house is clean, and everything is put in it's place & organized.

7) My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day.


Okay, this was fun. I tag:

http://www.cjcpurple.blogspot.com/ Jodie
http://www.ramseyfive.blogspot.com/ Danna
http://www.watsonfamilyfour.blogspot.com/ April
http://www.shannonsspiel.blogspot.com/ Shannon
http://www.johnandemilymann.blogspot.com/ Emily
http://www.mom2twoboys.blogspot.com/ Raegan
http://www.sandiwr.blogspot.com/ Sandi
(I don't know how to-hyperlink, is it??) Oh well.

4 comments:

Summer said...

Great stories! I loved the Bozo show, and I always wanted to be the kid that got to throw the balls into the five buckets. Bucket five had fifty bucks and a new bike. I would emulate the game at home. What a loser I was!
Also, the story of how you first met Jordan is priceless!!!
Thanks for sharing.

Redhead Rambles said...

You don't know me, but I'm always excited to meet another Bozo Show participant! I was on twice when I was around 7 years old. I thought I was the ONLY one. :)

Danna Ramsey said...

Hey, I nominated you for an "I Love Your Blog Award"!

Kirk said...

You left out the part that poor Mrs. Ridout never substituted ever again... ever. And, she still tells the story of "little Kimberly Gibbins running away from school"!