Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Adoption Day, Kennedy!

Adoption Day, September 24, 2004
September 24, 2008











Although we've had Kennedy from the time she was 2 days old, Kennedy's adoption was final on September 24, 2004. Every year we celebrate this very special day, Adoption Day, just like we do her birthday.
Kennedy asked for a Hannah Montana party. After pigs in a blanket for dinner, she opened her presents and then we had banana split waffle bowls for desert. To celebrate for the party, we had Hannah Montana plates, cups, napkins, tambourines, ring pops and microphone headsets!
Kennedy got a Barbie Peek-A-Boo from Jackson and Chandler Grace, a Hannah Montana wig, flavored lip gloss, and a Bratz Chloe's Room from Daddy and Mama, and Gigi sent an outfit!
She had calls from Gigi, Kyle, Katy and Grandma!
This is such a wonderful day for Kennedy, well, probably because she gets presents, but for me and Jordan as well. This was the day that it became legal what we already knew in our hearts to be true and believed God's plan to be: that Kennedy was our daughter and we were her parents.

The Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes.
Psalm 118:23

5 comments:

Collins Family said...

Happy Adoption Day to he whole Family. I remember the day you found out you cold pick her up and adoption day! What a blessing! I love the wig!

Marty Rhea Hill said...

Hey, I am Dallas Henderson's sister. I went to Harding and new Jordan. I love reading your blog. What a wonderful story about Kennedy. She is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Her smile, those cheeks, those expressions...I feel like I know her. Your other sweet babies are just as beauitful. Thanks for your sweet "life" story.
Love, Marty

Kim said...

Marty Rhea-
I am very fond of your sister and
I am so glad you posted! Thank you for all of the very sweet and thoughtful things you said about our Kennedy. I am so thankful that the blog allows you to capture the true Kennedy! Of course we think all of these things about her, but it is such a great feeling to have someone else think them. Thanks for reading the blog, sharing our story, and your very sweet comment!

Shannon said...

So sweet! I LOVE the pictures of the new "hair"! I know that she keeps you laughing! I hope that school is going a little smoother for all of you. Beckham seems to be settling in. Someday we'll laugh at their antics!

Sandi said...

Happy Adoption Day, Kennedy! I know that you are a blessing to your family!!