Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mama's St. Patrick's Day Birthday Celebration



It was so great to see Papa, Gigi and Uncle Kyle. We spent our time visiting, playing with the kids, eating too much good food/snacks (of course we had to get Tony's Pizza!),watching Dan In Real Life, Bee Movie, and mostly playing Wii!! It was special that they came for my 32nd birthday!
We all enjoyed Poppa's Hot Dogs (a local favorite) for lunch and had my birthday party that afternoon when the babies woke up from their nap. This year, Jordan baked my birthday cake-which was so sweet of him AND delicious. He and Kennedy decorated with green cups, plates and even a green tablecloth that everyone signed! They hung a "Happy Birthday" banner, too! Kennedy wrapped her present for me all by herself and wrote my name on the card. She got me a little gum ball machine! (She picked it out herself!)
I got a large crock pot from Jordan and the kids, the first 3 seasons of Friends on DVD from Kyle, and a silver ring and digital photo frame from my parents.
After the party Jordan and I got ready for our date! One of the highlights for us was getting to go out for dinner on my birthday! We went to Mickey & Mooch and it was fabulous. We enjoyed lump crab and crab soup for appetisers along with salad and bread. For dinner we both had steaks. Jordan got the Charleston grits with his filet and I got mashed potatos with mine. We shared the 7 layer chocolate mousse cake for dessert. It was so huge, we had some to bring home. The most special part of the evening was during dinner when Jordan gave me a new wedding band. It was so romantic. The one from our wedding no longer fits, so I've been without one since I was pregnant with Jackson. I've hated how bare I've felt without it. So, that was the best present I could've gotten. Totally surprised! It was a great birthday.
My life at 32 is all I'd hoped it would be, and I am so thankful for all of the blessings in my life. I hope this will be the best year yet!