Friday, March 13, 2009

Kennedy Reads Her 1st Book!






My oldest baby girl sat with her Daddy last night and READ HER VERY FIRST BOOK!!!  She sounded out and got every word right.  The book was Stan's Pigs, which is a learn- to- read book that was sent home by her teacher.  What an important accomplishment.  I have to give props to Jordan, who has taught Kennedy how to read.  He's spent a lot of time (and patience) working with her at nights after dinner.
We were so happy to see her excitement about it and then her enthusiasm when she exclaimed she wanted to read another one!  Just wonderful.

4 comments:

happymomof4 said...

AWESOME! WAY TO GO Kennedy- that is quite and accomplishment:)

April said...

Woo Hoo!! What an amazing accomplishment. That will open up a whole wide world for Kennedy. Very exciting times for you all!!!

Melanie said...

I'm an OLD friend of Jordan's from College Church (we moved away in 4th grade--I went to public school, so I didn't know you from HA)...

Your children are so precious! Those first moments of reading are SO exciting! It's so wonderful to see our children blossom!

Katy Menihan said...

Kennedy I am so proud of you!! I can't wait to read with you the next time I see you!