Monday, October 25, 2010

Jack & Mama's Date

Grandpa & Grandma's toy room after our date

Jackson asked me if just the two of us could do something together. When I asked what he wanted us to do, he said he wanted to "go on a date to a restaurant and then go somewhere to look at grown up and kid's stuff" :)
Casa Brava and Wal Mart was the perfect solution!
When we got to Casa Brava (he chose Mexican), I noticed he had both hands clinched. When I asked what he had in his hand, he opened it and said he wanted to pay! He had a one dollar bill in one hand and a quarter in the other.
He was the perfect gentleman. He ran ahead of me to open the door and when the hostess asked "How many" he held up 2 fingers. When we were seated at the booth, he sat down and I sat on the other side. He said "Mom, you're supposed to sit NEXT to me-we're on a date! So I did, and we had the best time! After dinner, the waiter brought the ticket and Jack said, "I'll take that!" I don't know where he learned that. I let him pay and when we went outside he wanted to sit on the bench and "visit" :) We did, then headed to Wal Mart.
What can I say? I love this little boy with all of my heart. He always treats me like a princess. I absolutely adore him and am very blessed to have him for my son!

No comments: